Sunday, May 26, 2013

Juicing

There's been considerable interest in juicing and recipes that I make, so I'm going to be including ingredients and steps since I know that it can be really overwhelming knowing what steps to take in trying to become healthier (I've definitely been overwhelmed myself). I hope you guys enjoy! Happy happinizing :)

Jugo Verde

Ingredients: 
-Dinosaur Kal
-cucumber
-celery
-cilantro
-spinach
-lime
-pineapple
-mangoes
-broccoli 

There is no right or wrong way to do this. Basically, what I do is go to the store and buy as many leafy greens as possible as well as anything that is dark rich green in color. Then, things like carrots, beets, apples, and celery (and left-over veggie stems) I juice. I use that as a base and blend it together with other veggies and fruits. I add things like spinach, cilantro, different types of leafy greens, cucumber, mangoes, berries, kiwis, bananas... you get the picture. I don't have a lot of time for cooking or juicing, so I cook and juice once a week, and juice enough veggies and fruits to last me about a week. I have juice for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

Then, when I actually consume the drink I add different types of seeds to make it extra nutritious. I add ground flaxseed (linaza), chia seeds, sesame seeds, basically anything you can think of.  Also, when I'm craving something sweet I just add some of the drink to the blender, add some frozen mangoes, and there goes a delicious fruit smoothie with an ice-cream-like consistency.

And since I'm in CA Bar study mode, I need my brain and body to be in tip-top shape- and this definitely helps! I hope you find this to be useful! Happinize on!


No comments:

Post a Comment