I recommend printing this and posting it somewhere where everyone in your household will see it on a daily basis. By doing these simple things you will be ensuring that your brain is in prime shape to happinize to the fullest!
- Make gratitude a life habit: Each day jot down three specific things that you are grateful for and fully explain why each is important to you.
- Keep a gratitude journal: Concentrate on meaningful experiences and write down as many positive details as you can remember. Research has proven that keeping a journal for six weeks can create new positive neural tracts, decrease stress and even reduce the need for medication.
- Exercise: It improves motivation, reduces stress and increases feelings of mastery and engagement. Exercise has been proven to increase one’s IQ for two hours after the activity ends.
- Meditate: In a hectic world of multitasking and information overload, meditation trains our brain to do one thing at a time. Even a few simple moments of daily focus can have enormous benefits, such as taking your hands off the computer keyboard for two minutes each day and breathing deeply.
- Perform conscious acts of kindness:
Altruism has been proven to decrease stress and significantly enhance
mental health. Achor makes it a practice to start his day by praising
someone in a short email. He says community service projects help
families develop greater happiness and achieve more success.
Although (that I know of), Achor does not stress healthy eating, you should keep in mind that healthy eating, along with weekly exercise, is vital to helping your brain be in a prime condition to happinize.
I wish you all healthy living!